For some states, winter means below zero temperatures and almost weekly snowstorms. However, winter in the Pacific Northwest can be much more pleasant. With mild temperatures and fewer crowds, this is an excellent time of year to book your stay at The Polynesian Resort. Our resort puts you close to the top things to do in and around Ocean Shores, WA.
Winter Activities Everyone Will Enjoy
During the winter months, temperatures in Ocean Shores average between 41 and 49 degrees. While this is still cold enough to warrant a coat, it’s not so cold that you won’t want to spend any time outside. Whether you’re visiting with friends or enjoying a family vacation, there’s plenty of fun to be had when you include some of these activities and attractions in your itinerary.
- Go for a winter hike through picturesque forests and nature areas, including Damon Point State Park. Be careful as the trails can get muddy from winter rain and an occasional snowfall.
- End your day with a breathtaking Ocean Shores sunset. The North Jetty and even the beach right behind our resort are great places to see the sky turn shades of pink, orange, and red. Check the sunset time so you don’t miss it.
- While Ocean Shores may not get a lot of snow, winter is known for bringing some storms. A favorite of those who call the Pacific Northwest home is storm watching. Griffith-Priday State Park and Ocean Shores Beach are ideal spots for this activity, but remember your safety is more important than watching the storm roll in.
- Depending on when you visit, your winter getaway is a great time to shop for unique gifts in local stores. Ocean Shores is home to various shops selling a range of quality items, including wood carvings, original artwork, and more.
- When you visit in the winter, you can experience popular attractions without the usual crowds. Spend time at Shores Bowl or Pacific Paradise Family Fun Center for a bit of friendly competition.
Book Your Winter Escape Today
Winter will be here before you know it, so now is the perfect time to book your winter vacation getaway at The Polynesian Resort. Our coastal resort puts you close to all the things to do in Ocean Shores, WA, that make for a memorable vacation. Made up of condo-style and standard rooms, you’ll be able to find the right accommodation for your group. Enjoy a delicious meal without having to leave the property by stopping by Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub. Be sure to take advantage of our on-site amenities to get the most out of your stay. Call 1-800-562-4836 to learn more about our Ocean Shores hotel or special offers.
Summer is often considered peak vacation season, but the weather cooling off doesn’t mean you pack the suitcases away for the year. Ocean Shores is an excellent destination for your vacation regardless of the season. There are several benefits of visiting Washington State and The Polynesian Resort in the fall.
1. Enjoy More Open Availability
Since many families and groups book their vacations during the summer months, rooms tend to book up quickly. This can cause you to miss out on desired dates or have fewer options when booking a room. By waiting just a month or two, you’ll be more likely to secure the standard room or condo-style unit at The Polynesian Resort that fits your group best. Staying at our Ocean Shores resort during the off-season can also possibly save you some money. Before reserving your stay, check out the specials page for current discount offers.
2. See Stunning Fall Foliage and Scenery
Washington nature is beautiful any time of year, but there’s something extra magical when autumn colors begin popping up. Fall foliage generally starts appearing around the end of September, with peak foliage being in mid-October. A great way to take in the fall colors is by lacing up your hiking boots and exploring area trails for a bit of leaf-peeping. Quinault National Park is a top spot for fall foliage if you are looking for a day trip. More local trails include Weatherwax Trail and Perkins Pond Nature Trail.
3. Explore Area Attractions and Activities with Less Crowds
As summer fades into the background, you won’t have to compete with crowds when visiting the sights around Ocean Shores. Hiking trails will become even more peaceful, and availability for rentals like mopeds will open up. Take your time at area attractions like Pacific Paradise Family Fun Center, Playtime Family Fun, or Shores Bowl.
Enjoy an Autumn Getaway in Ocean Shores
Even if you’ve visited Washington in the past, there’s nothing quite like seeing this state during the fall. By booking your stay at The Polynesian Resort, you’ll have the perfect home base for your vacation. Discover unique activities and attractions without the summer crowds before unwinding back in your cozy room. Check out the on-site amenities, including the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub. Call 1-800-562-4836 to learn more about booking your stay.
It’s no secret that Washington’s coast is home to beautiful beaches. The Polynesian Resort puts guests right on the beach in Ocean Shores, making it the perfect home base for your next getaway. After checking into our resort, set out on an adventure on a bike rental or find some of the town’s best-kept secrets. When you’re ready to switch things up, trade the sand for grass and spend a day exploring parks around Ocean Shores.
A Guide to Neighborhood and State Parks near Ocean Shores
Whether you’re looking for a park perfect for a picnic lunch or dinner from Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub or somewhere to let the kids run off some energy, there are plenty of parks around Ocean Shores to check out.
- Damon Point State Park: This 61-acre park features a mile-long walkable strip of land to the end of Damon Point. Enjoy views of Mount Rainier, Grays Harbor, and the Olympic Mountains. Make sure to bring a pair of binoculars to go bird watching.
- Emerson Park: Play a round of tennis or volleyball at this Ocean Shores neighborhood park. Featuring tennis courts, volleyball courts, tetherball courts, and picnic tables, it’s the perfect place for a day of friendly competition.
- Ocean City State Park: Make the quick drive to neighboring Hoquiam to explore Ocean City State Park. Not only is this park known for birding, but you can also dig up razor clams when they’re in season.
- Chinook Park: Let the kids play on the swings, slide, or climbing equipment at this park on Duck Lake Drive. The 3.2-acre park also features a multi-purpose field with soccer goals and other playground equipment.
- Griffiths-Priday Ocean State Park: Set on the Pacific coast at the mouths of the Copalis River and Connor Creek, this state park and beach is ideal for shelling or flying a kite. There’s almost 10,000-feet of freshwater shoreline and over 8,000 feet of saltwater shoreline to explore.
Take in Ocean Views during a Pacific Northwest Escape
When you stay at The Polynesian Resort, you’ll find out why this is one of Ocean Shores’ favorite resorts. With both oceanfront and ocean view room options, you won’t miss out on any of the stunning views that can only be experienced when you visit the Washington coast. We have both standard rooms and condo-style units, so we can accommodate groups of all sizes. After a day spent exploring area beaches and parks, take advantage of the onsite amenities like our own private park. Learn more about our resort and make a reservation by calling 1-800-562-4836.
cean Shores Parks, Ocean Shores Hotels, Hotels near Ocean Shores WA, Washington Coast Resort, Ocean Shores WA Hotels, Ocean Shores Hotels on the Beach
Any time of year is an excellent time to visit Ocean Shores. This Washington town has everything you need for a memorable vacation, including exciting activities, fascinating attractions, and delicious dining options. When you book your stay at The Polynesian Resort during the summer, you’ll have the added bonus of a wealth of Ocean Shores events to add to your itinerary.
This June, Ocean Shores hosts the Five Star Dealership’s Sand and Sawdust Festival. After last year’s event was canceled, the excitement has been growing for this year’s festivities. Watch talented carvers turn pieces of wood into beautiful works of art. You can even bid on them during the daily auctions. Be sure to head down to the beach to see the sand sculpture contest before heading inside the convention center to check out the various vendors.
The largest motorcycle rally in Ocean Shores returns again in July. This gathering has been bringing riders to this Washington town for decades. In addition to fun, food, and music, there will be demonstrations from 1 Wheel Revolution and the Cossacks on Saturday and Sunday this year.
Explore local work during the annual Art Splash Studio tour in August. With 19 artists and nine studios, you’ll be able to discover beautiful art in a variety of mediums, including fiber art, jewelry, photography, pottery, glass, and more. Make a day of it by exploring other stores and shops in Ocean Shores as you follow the map to the participating studios.
Enjoy a Summer Getaway in Ocean Shores
The Polynesian Resort is the perfect home base when visiting this Pacific Northwest town. You’ll be just a short walk away from the Ocean Shores Convention Center, which is host to several events throughout the year. With a range of accommodation options, our resort has the perfect room for you. Don’t forget to stop by the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub after a day spent at a local event. Please call 1-800-562-4836 to learn more about our accommodations and onsite amenities.