Map Out Your Olympia to Ocean Shores Vacation Road Trip
You don’t have to hop on a flight or go on a half-day drive to reach a relaxing vacation destination. For those who call the Olympia area home, you are less than two hours away from the Washington coast, the ideal spot for your next family getaway. It takes just under 90 minutes to drive from Olympia to The Polynesian Resort in Ocean Shores. However, if you leave early enough, you can make a mini-vacation out of your drive by stopping at fun and unique attractions along the way.
A Guide to Fun Stops on Your Washington Road Trip
To get to Ocean Shore from Olympia, you’ll likely drive along WA-8 W and US-12 W. Not only is this drive filled with breathtaking views but there are also a variety of attractions to explore along the way.
- On your way out of Olympia, stop at Hands On Children’s Museum. With 10 galleries, 150 exhibits, and outdoor play space, this is a great way to burn off some energy before getting in the car.
- Another great spot to explore early in your drive is Interpretive Park, located at the southern end of Deschutes Parkway.
- Explore lodging and homesteading at Chehalis Valley Historical Museum. Located in Montesano, you will see common artifacts from the past like logging tools, clothing, and cameras.
- Discover incredible artwork at Aberdeen Art Center. This space was created to develop and promote local artists in Grays Harbor.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Morrison Riverfront Park in Aberdeen. This 11-acre complex on the Chehalis River features picnic tables and a landscaped walkway.
- Wander around the Polson Museum in Hoquiam. The museum grounds feature a replica of the Polson Logging Company blacksmith shop, two steam donkeys, and 17 rooms filled with exhibits.
- Before checking in to our Ocean Shores resort, stop by Pacific Paradise Park. The whole family will have fun playing mini-golf and arcade games.
Make Memories on Your Way to Ocean Shores
Enjoy a vacation within a vacation by exploring stops along your drive from Olympia to Ocean Shores. After reaching your final destination at The Polynesian Resort, relax in your cozy accommodations. Our oceanfront resort is the ideal home base. Be close to everything you need to make the most out of your vacation, like local parks, hidden gems, and hiking trails.
Before turning in for the night, be sure to stop by The Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub, our on-site restaurant. Don’t forget to check out our current specials for ways to possibly save on your stay. To learn more about our offers or our resort, call 1-800-562-4836.