Bid farewell to 2020 listening to the sound of rolling waves from an oceanfront room at The Polynesian Resort. Make it an intimate celebration or bring your family and friends– there’s room for everyone. At midnight, step out on your private balcony to welcome the new year!
Start a new tradition by celebrating Christmas in a spacious fireplace room, oceanfront in The Polynesian Resort in Ocean Shores.
Veterans Day is an official United States holiday which honors people who have served in armed service. Veterans Day annually falls on November 11. This day is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice of WWI. In 2020, the holiday will fall on Wednesday. Government offices and banks are closed on Veterans Day.
If traditional trick-or-treating isn’t your thing, no worries! Spend Halloween in Ocean Shores relaxing at The Polynesian Resort. Enjoy beachfront accommodations, fireplace rooms, private balconies and all the amenities of Ocean Shores’ favorite getaway!
This event is subject to change. www.hawkdaze.org.
Hawk Daze in Ocean Shores! Join Seattle Seahawks fans for a pre-season weekend beach party in Ocean Shores and stay at The Polynesian Resort! The weekend event will provide an opportunity to meet NFL alumni players. Included in the festivities will be a parade, a football challenge area for kids, mini-golf, and bowling. Enjoy a cold one in the beer garden and browse around special vendor booths, too! All proceeds will benefit local charities. Watch for more details to come. w
Motorcycle riders Go Hog Wild in Ocean Shores the last week of July each summer! Ocean Shores continues its heritage of being one of the best motorcycle destinations on the Washington Coast. And, The Polynesian Resort oceanfront in Ocean Shores remains one of the best places to stay! Join us for motorcycles of all makes, parades, music, food, vendors, and family fun! It’s been a tradition for decades all in an effort to help charity. While you are here, ride our beautiful roads on the scenic highways that are only found in Ocean Shores and the North Beach.
The 4th of July in Ocean Shores at The Polynesian Resort is a summer tradition. Families love to load up their picnics and gear for a day of play. It’s super easy in Ocean Shores where you can actually park your car on the beach. At dusk, the sky is filled with colorful fireworks. While waiting for the fireworks to begin, you can rent mopeds to ride on the beach or try out an electric fat tire bicycle. Or visit Honey Pearl Farms or Chenois Creek Horse Rentals for a horseback ride along the sand.
The Ocean Shores Youth Fishing Derby is open to kids 17 and under at the North Bay Park in Ocean Shores. That’s just a five-minute drive from The Polynesian Resort. The fishing derby is sponsored annually by the OS Elks Club, #2581. Registration will be at 6:00 am on the day of the event. Free T-shirts will be handed out to each registered participant (while supplies last.) There are no entry fees. Participants will be assigned a boat and guide, if available. Children must be 5 years or older to fish from the boats. Due to limited space, only one parent will be allowed on each boat. A trout fishing pond will be provided onshore for younger participants. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes will be awarded for the longest fish caught by age group.
Spend Mother’s Day at The Polynesian Resort with mom, the miracle-worker who loves you more than anything in the world.
Freedom, a day without duty and time with you is exactly what she wants, according to experts.
Perfect! So book an oceanfront room or suite and watch Mom unwind!
Set some time aside to join her for happy hour at the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub, onsite. Or enjoy the best breakfast buffet at the beach each Saturday and Sunday from 8A to noon.
She won’t say so, but you’ll be her favorite.
Join her for the day and it will be complete!
Enjoy the small coastal city of Ocean Shores, WA, on an upcoming family vacation as the Pacific Northwest has much to offer travelers staying at The Polynesian Resort. With many family-friendly things to do in Ocean Shores, the region has become a destination for groups of all ages. The six-mile-long peninsula features over 250 species of birds, endless entertainment, numerous shops, and diverse restaurants with plenty of food options for picky eaters. Continue reading to learn more about the family-friendly things to do in Ocean Shores, WA, as you’ll find 15 listed below.
15 Family-Friendly Activities
- Stuff yourself with a fantastic all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub located on-site
- Try something new, like stand up paddleboarding or kayaking with Ocean Shores Boat House
- Bring the little ones to play mini-golf at Pacific Paradise in Ocean Shores, WA
- Pick up a keepsake from the Bay Gifts souvenir shop to remember your vacation full of the fun Ocean Shores activities
- Find a hidden treasure at the unique Mermaid Cove shop which features local artisan creations
- See how many species of Pacific Northwest birds you can spot at Damon Point
- Pick out a kite at Ocean Shores Kites and enjoy a windy day at Ocean City State Park
- Go horseback riding on the beach with Honey Pearl Ranch
- For families with teens and young adults head to the Ocean Shores, WA, driving range
- Visit the North Jetty beach area and see who can find the most interesting shell
- Explore the nooks and crannies at one of the many antique shops located right in Ocean Shores, WA
- Put your bowling skills to the test or feel like a kid again playing arcade games at Shores Bowl
- Search for your childhood favorite candies from Buddy & Howie’s Old-Fashioned Sweet Shop
- When the storms come rolling in head to Damon Point or the North Jetty to see the Pacific Northwest waves explode
- If you have a family of anglers, see who can get the biggest catch with Ocean Charters
Relax in Ocean Shores, WA
While there are many other family-friendly things to do in Ocean Shores, these are several that travelers can add to their list. The Polynesian Resort offers guests a luxury experience when it comes to unwinding on a family vacation. Whether it’s grabbing a cocktail at the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub while the kids play outside or a dip together in the indoor heated pool, you won’t have to go far to kick back and relax. To learn more about the fun things to do in Ocean Shores, check out the Attractions page on the website. For travelers looking to speak with someone at the resort directly, please call 1-800-562-4836.