There’s no place more scenic than the Pacific Northwest. This region of the country is known for its wooded mountains, foggy beaches, and breathtaking views. Located amongst all this beauty is Ocean Shores. Not only is this city home to incredible adventures, but it is also the location of The Polynesian Resort. On your next visit to this Washington town, spend some time outdoors discovering all the incredible examples of Mother Nature’s artwork.
Look for Nature’s Art on Your Excursions
No matter where your adventures take you, there is something beautiful to discover. Trade staring at a screen for wandering Washington State nature to see what works of art you stumble across.
- See what aquatic creatures you can find during low tide by exploring the tide pools at Damon Point.
- Watch Mother Nature paint the sky golden and amber hues from one of the incredible sunset viewing spots, including the North Jetty and Ocean City State Park.
- Point your binoculars to the sky, or the trees, to do some bird watching. There are several different species to spot, including gulls and snowy plovers.
- Wander along the shoreline, and you might stumble across a number of beautiful sights like driftwood that has been aged and discolored by the weather.
- If you’re looking to do a bit of shelling, the best beach area is the North Jetty. Marking the northern entrance to Grays Harbor, this area is known for being a top spot to find sand dollars and other shells.
- When hiking area trails like the Weatherwax Trail, keep your eyes on the ground, and you might just discover colorful wildflowers.
- A must for those visiting in the spring is embarking on a whale-watching excursion. Spend time at Pacific Beach State Park with your camera to see if you can capture a whale emerging from the water or its tell-tale spout.
The best way to capture the incredible artwork you discover is with photographs you can put in an album. While your phone can do a decent job, you will want to use a point-and-shoot for the best results.
Relax after Spending Time in the Great Outdoors
No matter what time of year you plan your stay at The Polynesian Resort, there is no shortage of beautiful examples of Washington’s nature to discover. In fact, you can enjoy some of these views right from our Ocean Shores resort.
Our accommodations include oceanfront and ocean view lodging, so you can start and end your day with picturesque sights. After a day of outdoor adventures, unwind by the pool or grab a bite to eat at our on-site restaurant. Call 360-289-3361 to learn more about how to save on your stay or the resort’s amenities.
Washington Nature, Ocean Shores Resort, Washington Coast Hotels, Resorts in Washington State, Ocean Shores Resorts, Washington State Art