If traditional trick-or-treating isn’t your thing, no worries! Spend Halloween in Ocean Shores relaxing at The Polynesian Resort. Enjoy beachfront accommodations, fireplace rooms, private balconies and all the amenities of Ocean Shores’ favorite getaway!
The Ocean Shores Convention Center kicks off the beginning of summer with the annual Sand & Sawdust Festival, always the last full weekend in June. Chainsaw carvers, sand castle building workshops, food and beverages, crafts, and more. Free admission. Pro and semi-pro carvers compete in a weekend-long competitions with live auctions each day.
Immerse yourself in the tranquil Pacific Northwest natural scenery by taking on the best hikes near Ocean Shores. You could spend hours traversing miles of sandy beaches near The Polynesian Resort, or you can embark on a trail nestled along the coastline with stunning oceanic views. After a few peaceful hours reconnecting with nature near our Ocean Shores resort, you’re sure to feel more relaxed and rejuvenated than you’ve been in a long while.
The Best Hikes near Ocean Shores Await
Trek the best hikes near Ocean Shores any time of year, and keep an eye out for local wildlife like deer, raccoons, birds of prey, whales, and even black bears. Be sure to bring a pair of binoculars and a camera with you to capture some outstanding sights. Hiking is a great Ocean Shores activity for family bonding and cultivating lifelong memories with loved ones.
- A three-mile loop, the Damon Point State Park Trail is excellent for all skill levels and offers fantastic birding opportunities.
- Perkins Pond Nature Trail is a half-mile loop, ideal for families or a light morning jog around the pond.
- Another easy path, the Weatherwax Trail, is about a mile long and features lush forestry and oceanside views.
- If you’re looking for a serene beachside hike, check out the North Jetty near our Ocean Shores hotel.
- Embark on a scenic drive to the Quinault National Park for a full day of forest explorations—encounter mountain views, lush greenery, rushing rivers, and stunning scenery.
Cultivate Cherished Memories near Ocean Shores, WA
Leave the hustle and bustle of city life behind, and treat your family to an unforgettable getaway at The Polynesian Resort. Our apartment-style units provide cozy, private accommodations with a fully-equipped kitchen so that you have the freedom to make a home-cooked meal. Plus, you’ll never run out of things to do in Ocean Shores, regardless of where your interests lie. To learn more about our fantastic offerings, please give us a call at 1-800-562-4836.
Those who love spending time in the great outdoors will love all of the Ocean Shores activities near The Polynesian Resort. Explore our city’s 23-miles of human-made canals, soak in the beauty of the Pacific coastline, or embark on a refreshing nature hike at a nearby state park. Regardless of where your interests lie, you’re sure to have several cherished memories after your exciting getaway to our Ocean Shores resort.
7 Outdoor Ocean Shores Activities for Everyone
Reconnect with nature during your stay at The Polynesian Resort by engaging in several area activities. There’s no shortage of things to do in Ocean Shores, from fishing and shelling to hiking and eclectic bikes. You could even pick up a new skill or two, like learning how to dig for razor clams and prepare them in your unit.
- Explore the various canals and waterways in Ocean Shores with a boat rental. Reserve a Duffy boat for a few hours, and enjoy a relaxing time on the water with loved ones.
- Immerse yourself in the rejuvenating nature scenery by hiking some of the best Ocean Shores trails.
- Regardless of the season, take a few hours to check out Ocean Shores Beach. Soak in the beauty of the Washington coastline, or head down to the shore for a romantic ocean sunset.
- Cast a line in fresh or saltwater and take advantage of myriad fishing opportunities.
- Join the locals and see what all the commotion is about the seasonal razor clam digs.
- It’s always exciting to speed across the ocean coastline on an electric bike or moped during the warmer months.
- Dress for the weather, grab a bucket, and head for the North Jetty to see what crustacean treasures reside there. Collect a few shells to turn into crafts and commemorate your trip to Ocean Shores.
There’s nothing quite like escaping the hustle and bustle of the city and treating yourself to a rejuvenating vacation at our Ocean Shores hotel. Our assortment of cozy accommodations are perfect for any number of guests, from couples retreats to family vacations with your beloved pooch! To learn more about other fantastic Ocean Shores activities, please give us a call at 1-800-562-4836.
Ocean Shores Activities, Ocean Shores, Ocean Shores Resort, Ocean Shores Hotels, Things to Do in Ocean Shores, Ocean Shores Beach
See some spectacular Pacific Northwest sight from a different vantage point during your stay at The Polynesian Resort. Consider going horseback riding in Ocean Shores for a romantic afternoon trotting across the beaches and lush woodlands. There’s no better way to soak in the beauty of the Ocean Shores coastline than on a romantic equine adventure with your partner.
Horseback Riding in Ocean Shores: What You Need to Know
Don your favorite flannel and cowboy boots for this particular Ocean Shores activity. Whether you’re a novice rider or an expert equestrian, you’re sure to have an excellent time horseback riding in Ocean shores. The guides will help you every step of the way and provide a training session before hitting the trails. Make sure your picture-taking device is packed and ready to go so that you can commemorate the adventures you have while staying at our Ocean Shores resort.
The guided tours at Chenois Creek Horse Rental might be the highlight of your equine outing. The tour itself lasts about an hour and leads you across the tranquil Pacific Northwest coastline. Keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife. Many riders have seen seals, whales, and a variety of birds.
Consider embarking on a romantic horseback riding escapade on the beach at sunset with Honey Pearl Horse Rental. They charge about $25 per hour and accept groups of up to ten people. Soak in a brilliant pink and purple sky over a horizon of endless waves when you ride with Honey Pearl.
The Polynesian Resort: Your Romantic Oceanfront Destination
Celebrate love and romance with your significant other at our Ocean Shores hotel. Choose from a wide variety of condominium units. You’re sure to appreciate the oceanfront views and the privacy our accommodations provide. Dine on some delicious dishes at our on-site eatery, the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub, and discover all the romantic things to do in Ocean Shores. Start planning your romantic getaway by giving us a call at 1-800-562-4836.
Horseback Riding Ocean Shores, Ocean Shores, Ocean Shores WA, Ocean Shores Resort, Ocean Shores Hotels, Things to Do in Ocean Shores, Ocean Shores Activities
This event is subject to change. www.hawkdaze.org.
Hawk Daze in Ocean Shores! Join Seattle Seahawks fans for a pre-season weekend beach party in Ocean Shores and stay at The Polynesian Resort! The weekend event will provide an opportunity to meet NFL alumni players. Included in the festivities will be a parade, a football challenge area for kids, mini-golf, and bowling. Enjoy a cold one in the beer garden and browse around special vendor booths, too! All proceeds will benefit local charities. Watch for more details to come. w
The 4th of July in Ocean Shores at The Polynesian Resort is a summer tradition. Families love to load up their picnics and gear for a day of play. It’s super easy in Ocean Shores where you can actually park your car on the beach. At dusk, the sky is filled with colorful fireworks. While waiting for the fireworks to begin, you can rent mopeds to ride on the beach or try out an electric fat tire bicycle. Or visit Honey Pearl Farms or Chenois Creek Horse Rentals for a horseback ride along the sand.
The Ocean Shores Youth Fishing Derby is open to kids 17 and under at the North Bay Park in Ocean Shores. That’s just a five-minute drive from The Polynesian Resort. The fishing derby is sponsored annually by the OS Elks Club, #2581. Registration will be at 6:00 am on the day of the event. Free T-shirts will be handed out to each registered participant (while supplies last.) There are no entry fees. Participants will be assigned a boat and guide, if available. Children must be 5 years or older to fish from the boats. Due to limited space, only one parent will be allowed on each boat. A trout fishing pond will be provided onshore for younger participants. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place prizes will be awarded for the longest fish caught by age group.
Enjoy the small coastal city of Ocean Shores, WA, on an upcoming family vacation as the Pacific Northwest has much to offer travelers staying at The Polynesian Resort. With many family-friendly things to do in Ocean Shores, the region has become a destination for groups of all ages. The six-mile-long peninsula features over 250 species of birds, endless entertainment, numerous shops, and diverse restaurants with plenty of food options for picky eaters. Continue reading to learn more about the family-friendly things to do in Ocean Shores, WA, as you’ll find 15 listed below.
15 Family-Friendly Activities
- Stuff yourself with a fantastic all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet from the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub located on-site
- Try something new, like stand up paddleboarding or kayaking with Ocean Shores Boat House
- Bring the little ones to play mini-golf at Pacific Paradise in Ocean Shores, WA
- Pick up a keepsake from the Bay Gifts souvenir shop to remember your vacation full of the fun Ocean Shores activities
- Find a hidden treasure at the unique Mermaid Cove shop which features local artisan creations
- See how many species of Pacific Northwest birds you can spot at Damon Point
- Pick out a kite at Ocean Shores Kites and enjoy a windy day at Ocean City State Park
- Go horseback riding on the beach with Honey Pearl Ranch
- For families with teens and young adults head to the Ocean Shores, WA, driving range
- Visit the North Jetty beach area and see who can find the most interesting shell
- Explore the nooks and crannies at one of the many antique shops located right in Ocean Shores, WA
- Put your bowling skills to the test or feel like a kid again playing arcade games at Shores Bowl
- Search for your childhood favorite candies from Buddy & Howie’s Old-Fashioned Sweet Shop
- When the storms come rolling in head to Damon Point or the North Jetty to see the Pacific Northwest waves explode
- If you have a family of anglers, see who can get the biggest catch with Ocean Charters
Relax in Ocean Shores, WA
While there are many other family-friendly things to do in Ocean Shores, these are several that travelers can add to their list. The Polynesian Resort offers guests a luxury experience when it comes to unwinding on a family vacation. Whether it’s grabbing a cocktail at the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub while the kids play outside or a dip together in the indoor heated pool, you won’t have to go far to kick back and relax. To learn more about the fun things to do in Ocean Shores, check out the Attractions page on the website. For travelers looking to speak with someone at the resort directly, please call 1-800-562-4836.
Clam digging is scheduled today at Mocrocks Beach in Ocean Shores, according to the schedule provided by the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife. (WDFW).
WDFW typically announces whether a dig will go forward about a week before the opening, said Dan Ayres, coastal shellfish manager for the department.
Sometimes digs are canceled with little notice if toxins or other issues arise with the shellfish population.
Be sure to double-check with the Department of Fish and Wildlife schedule before you make a special trip.