It’s no secret that Washington’s coast is home to beautiful beaches. The Polynesian Resort puts guests right on the beach in Ocean Shores, making it the perfect home base for your next getaway. After checking into our resort, set out on an adventure on a bike rental or find some of the town’s best-kept secrets. When you’re ready to switch things up, trade the sand for grass and spend a day exploring parks around Ocean Shores.
A Guide to Neighborhood and State Parks near Ocean Shores
Whether you’re looking for a park perfect for a picnic lunch or dinner from Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub or somewhere to let the kids run off some energy, there are plenty of parks around Ocean Shores to check out.
- Damon Point State Park: This 61-acre park features a mile-long walkable strip of land to the end of Damon Point. Enjoy views of Mount Rainier, Grays Harbor, and the Olympic Mountains. Make sure to bring a pair of binoculars to go bird watching.
- Emerson Park: Play a round of tennis or volleyball at this Ocean Shores neighborhood park. Featuring tennis courts, volleyball courts, tetherball courts, and picnic tables, it’s the perfect place for a day of friendly competition.
- Ocean City State Park: Make the quick drive to neighboring Hoquiam to explore Ocean City State Park. Not only is this park known for birding, but you can also dig up razor clams when they’re in season.
- Chinook Park: Let the kids play on the swings, slide, or climbing equipment at this park on Duck Lake Drive. The 3.2-acre park also features a multi-purpose field with soccer goals and other playground equipment.
- Griffiths-Priday Ocean State Park: Set on the Pacific coast at the mouths of the Copalis River and Connor Creek, this state park and beach is ideal for shelling or flying a kite. There’s almost 10,000-feet of freshwater shoreline and over 8,000 feet of saltwater shoreline to explore.
Take in Ocean Views during a Pacific Northwest Escape
When you stay at The Polynesian Resort, you’ll find out why this is one of Ocean Shores’ favorite resorts. With both oceanfront and ocean view room options, you won’t miss out on any of the stunning views that can only be experienced when you visit the Washington coast. We have both standard rooms and condo-style units, so we can accommodate groups of all sizes. After a day spent exploring area beaches and parks, take advantage of the onsite amenities like our own private park. Learn more about our resort and make a reservation by calling 1-800-562-4836.
cean Shores Parks, Ocean Shores Hotels, Hotels near Ocean Shores WA, Washington Coast Resort, Ocean Shores WA Hotels, Ocean Shores Hotels on the Beach