The federal holiday to celebrate Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. a champion for change and for peace. Plan your break early and enjoy special midweek rates, subject to availability.
You don’t have to hop on a flight or go on a half-day drive to reach a relaxing vacation destination. For those who call the Olympia area home, you are less than two hours away from the Washington coast, the ideal spot for your next family getaway. It takes just under 90 minutes to drive from Olympia to The Polynesian Resort in Ocean Shores. However, if you leave early enough, you can make a mini-vacation out of your drive by stopping at fun and unique attractions along the way.
A Guide to Fun Stops on Your Washington Road Trip
To get to Ocean Shore from Olympia, you’ll likely drive along WA-8 W and US-12 W. Not only is this drive filled with breathtaking views but there are also a variety of attractions to explore along the way.
- On your way out of Olympia, stop at Hands On Children’s Museum. With 10 galleries, 150 exhibits, and outdoor play space, this is a great way to burn off some energy before getting in the car.
- Another great spot to explore early in your drive is Interpretive Park, located at the southern end of Deschutes Parkway.
- Explore lodging and homesteading at Chehalis Valley Historical Museum. Located in Montesano, you will see common artifacts from the past like logging tools, clothing, and cameras.
- Discover incredible artwork at Aberdeen Art Center. This space was created to develop and promote local artists in Grays Harbor.
- Enjoy a picnic lunch at Morrison Riverfront Park in Aberdeen. This 11-acre complex on the Chehalis River features picnic tables and a landscaped walkway.
- Wander around the Polson Museum in Hoquiam. The museum grounds feature a replica of the Polson Logging Company blacksmith shop, two steam donkeys, and 17 rooms filled with exhibits.
- Before checking in to our Ocean Shores resort, stop by Pacific Paradise Park. The whole family will have fun playing mini-golf and arcade games.
Make Memories on Your Way to Ocean Shores
Enjoy a vacation within a vacation by exploring stops along your drive from Olympia to Ocean Shores. After reaching your final destination at The Polynesian Resort, relax in your cozy accommodations. Our oceanfront resort is the ideal home base. Be close to everything you need to make the most out of your vacation, like local parks, hidden gems, and hiking trails.
Before turning in for the night, be sure to stop by The Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub, our on-site restaurant. Don’t forget to check out our current specials for ways to possibly save on your stay. To learn more about our offers or our resort, call 1-800-562-4836.
When you book your Pacific Northwest getaway at The Polynesian Resort, you’ll be close to the sites and attractions that draw visitors here year after year. Some of the best activities Ocean Shores has to offer during your stay at our resort are off the beaten track.
5 Hidden Gems in the City of Ocean Shores, WA
- Damon Point is one of the best places in the area to view wildlife and hike in North Beach. On sunny days, you’ll be able to see Mount Rainier. Make sure to bring your binoculars in case you’re lucky enough to spot bald eagles that like to frequent this area.
- Fly a kite, dig for shellfish, or wade into freshwater at Griffiths-Priday State Park. Explore the walking trails on your way to a quiet day at the beach.
- Hike the Weatherwax Trail, which will take you through the Weatherwax Preserve and along Duck Lake. This trail is relatively flat, so it’s perfect if you are visiting with younger children. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife that calls the area home.
- Indulge your sweet tooth when you visit Peppermint Parlor. Located next to Playtime Family Fun, try some delicious ice cream, donuts, pretzels, or mini donuts.
- As you’re wandering around Ocean Shores, make sure to check off photo landmarks like the Ocean Shores Gates when you enter the town, and the shark head you walk through at Sharky’s.
Looking for other hidden gems around town? Ask the front desk for recommendations or strike up a conversation with locals.
Enjoy Oceanfront Views at Our Ocean Shores Resort
If you’re looking for a peaceful getaway in the Pacific Northwest, The Polynesian Resort is a perfect fit. Offering condo-style units in addition to standard rooms, there is a range of accommodations to select from. Relax poolside or enjoy a delicious meal from the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub. Please call us at 1-800-562-4836 to learn more about our availability.
Moped rentals in Ocean Shores are a popular way to navigate the shoreline and the city. Embrace the Pacific Northwest scenery, and navigate the sandy shores in a unique way during your stay at The Polynesian Resort. Relish the smell of the sea and the salt wind in your hair as you zoom along sandy beaches. Treat yourself to a memorable electric bike adventure, and discover the best moped rentals “near me.”
Find Fantastic Moped Rentals in Oceans Shores
There’s nothing quite like a tranquil day on the beach with loved ones. Add a little excitement into the mix with an Ocean Shores moped rental. Consider packing a bag with frisbees and other beach toys, speeding your way to a secluded patch of sand, and enjoying an intimate day in the sun with family and friends.
As the name suggests, Affordable Mopeds offers a financially-savvy moped rental option near our Ocean Shores hotel. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff will help you find the perfect electric bike for your needs and interests. If you’ve never driven a moped before, have no worries! They’ll teach you everything you need to know, ensuring your comfort and safety.
Electric Beach Bike Rentals has a myriad of options available for everyone. Their accessories are great for bringing the kiddos and fur babies along on your seaside adventures. Since their bikes are not considered motor vehicles, there’s nothing off-limits—even during the summer months! Go wherever the wind may take you during your stay at our Ocean Shores resort.
Delight in Our Ocean Shores Lodging
When it comes to tranquil, Pacific Northwest getaways, The Polynesian Resort has you covered. Our spacious accommodations offer privacy and easy access to several Ocean Shores activities. After an exciting day speeding across sandy beaches with your Ocean Shores moped rental, indulge in a delicious dish from our on-site restaurant, Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub. To learn more about other area adventures and our availability, please give us a call at 1-800-562-4836.