When on vacation, you get to ignore the rules of everyday life. This can mean sleeping in, staying up late, and doing as much or as little as you’d like. Situated on a sandy shoreline, The Polynesian Resort allows you to do all this and more. After checking into our Ocean Shores resort, explore a nearby state park or ride around town on bike rentals. For a sweet adventure, pop into an Ocean Shores bakery.
A Checklist of Washington Bakeries near Ocean Shores
There’s nothing quite like a freshly made baked good, and the bakeries found around Ocean Shores can help satisfy your craving.
- Oyhut Bay Market & Bakery is known for using quality ingredients and making everything from scratch. The menu features daily items like cookies and cheesy herb biscuits and daily specials.
- Open seasonally, Kookamunga’s Coffee Stand is more than a place for your caffeine fix. Located on Ocean Shores Boulevard, this spot makes its doughnuts fresh to order, so while service time may be a little slow, the wait is worth it.
- Another stop for something sweet in the morning is Ocean Shores Donuts. Plan accordingly, as they are only open until they sell out for the day, so you might want to get here early.
- While not a bakery, Peppermint Parlor inside the Playtime Family Fun Center is the go-to spot if your sweet craving is more of the ice cream kind.
Plan a Relaxing Escape to the Pacific Northwest
Every once in a while, you need to enjoy a bit of R&R, and a vacation to The Polynesian Resort is the perfect way to do so. Our resort in Ocean Shores is close to everything this town offers, including a tasty bakery and quaint coffee shops. You need more than just sweets and caffeine, so stop by The Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub for a delicious and filling meal.
After a day of exploration, relax in comfort in your room. This Washington coast resort offers both standard and condo-style rooms, so you can find an accommodation that fits your group best. With amenities like an indoor pool, game room, and picnic facilities, you’ll find everything you could ever need to make the most out of your getaway. For more information about the resort or how to save on your stay, call 360-289-3361.
For some states, winter means below zero temperatures and almost weekly snowstorms. However, winter in the Pacific Northwest can be much more pleasant. With mild temperatures and fewer crowds, this is an excellent time of year to book your stay at The Polynesian Resort. Our resort puts you close to the top things to do in and around Ocean Shores, WA.
Winter Activities Everyone Will Enjoy
During the winter months, temperatures in Ocean Shores average between 41 and 49 degrees. While this is still cold enough to warrant a coat, it’s not so cold that you won’t want to spend any time outside. Whether you’re visiting with friends or enjoying a family vacation, there’s plenty of fun to be had when you include some of these activities and attractions in your itinerary.
- Go for a winter hike through picturesque forests and nature areas, including Damon Point State Park. Be careful as the trails can get muddy from winter rain and an occasional snowfall.
- End your day with a breathtaking Ocean Shores sunset. The North Jetty and even the beach right behind our resort are great places to see the sky turn shades of pink, orange, and red. Check the sunset time so you don’t miss it.
- While Ocean Shores may not get a lot of snow, winter is known for bringing some storms. A favorite of those who call the Pacific Northwest home is storm watching. Griffith-Priday State Park and Ocean Shores Beach are ideal spots for this activity, but remember your safety is more important than watching the storm roll in.
- Depending on when you visit, your winter getaway is a great time to shop for unique gifts in local stores. Ocean Shores is home to various shops selling a range of quality items, including wood carvings, original artwork, and more.
- When you visit in the winter, you can experience popular attractions without the usual crowds. Spend time at Shores Bowl or Pacific Paradise Family Fun Center for a bit of friendly competition.
Book Your Winter Escape Today
Winter will be here before you know it, so now is the perfect time to book your winter vacation getaway at The Polynesian Resort. Our coastal resort puts you close to all the things to do in Ocean Shores, WA, that make for a memorable vacation. Made up of condo-style and standard rooms, you’ll be able to find the right accommodation for your group. Enjoy a delicious meal without having to leave the property by stopping by Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub. Be sure to take advantage of our on-site amenities to get the most out of your stay. Call 1-800-562-4836 to learn more about our Ocean Shores hotel or special offers.