Discover Ocean Shores’ Best Kept Secrets
When you book your Pacific Northwest getaway at The Polynesian Resort, you’ll be close to the sites and attractions that draw visitors here year after year. Some of the best activities Ocean Shores has to offer during your stay at our resort are off the beaten track.
5 Hidden Gems in the City of Ocean Shores, WA
- Damon Point is one of the best places in the area to view wildlife and hike in North Beach. On sunny days, you’ll be able to see Mount Rainier. Make sure to bring your binoculars in case you’re lucky enough to spot bald eagles that like to frequent this area.
- Fly a kite, dig for shellfish, or wade into freshwater at Griffiths-Priday State Park. Explore the walking trails on your way to a quiet day at the beach.
- Hike the Weatherwax Trail, which will take you through the Weatherwax Preserve and along Duck Lake. This trail is relatively flat, so it’s perfect if you are visiting with younger children. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife that calls the area home.
- Indulge your sweet tooth when you visit Peppermint Parlor. Located next to Playtime Family Fun, try some delicious ice cream, donuts, pretzels, or mini donuts.
- As you’re wandering around Ocean Shores, make sure to check off photo landmarks like the Ocean Shores Gates when you enter the town, and the shark head you walk through at Sharky’s.
Looking for other hidden gems around town? Ask the front desk for recommendations or strike up a conversation with locals.
Enjoy Oceanfront Views at Our Ocean Shores Resort
If you’re looking for a peaceful getaway in the Pacific Northwest, The Polynesian Resort is a perfect fit. Offering condo-style units in addition to standard rooms, there is a range of accommodations to select from. Relax poolside or enjoy a delicious meal from the Rusty Anchor Grill & Pub. Please call us at 1-800-562-4836 to learn more about our availability.