After days and days of 90+ degree inland heat, few places are as inviting as a sunny escape to The Polynesian Resort in Ocean Shores.
Oceanfront in Ocean Shores, you can actually beat the heat and play outside. When the temps are near 70 and sunny, put on your favorite shorts and grab your sunglasses.
Break away from the heat and enjoy summer fun outdoors.
Here’s a list of things that are fun to do in Ocean Shores, especially when the temps are soaring inland:
- Breath fresh salt air
- Stroll the beach and sand dunes
- Hike lakeside trails
- Watch the tide roll in and out
- Do some fresh-water fishing
- Watch for wildlife
- Play 18 holes of golf
- Kayak a canal
- Take a long bike ride
- Throw a Frisbee on the beach
- Play a game of catch. Or tag. Or beach volleyball
- Go for a jog
- Ride a horse along the shore
- Walk the dog
- Watch a sunset
- Ride go-karts with the kids
- Cruise around town on Mopeds
- Take a surf lesson (rent a board and wetsuit)
- Standup Paddleboard on the canal
- Fly a kite
- Play in the private park at The Polynesian. Tetherball, anyone?
- Sleep with the window open
In the interest of full disclosure, you will want to pack a favorite sweatshirt to wear with shorts or sweatpants for the nighttime cool down. That’s OK. You’ll be comfy and completely relaxed.
The Polynesian Resort is one of the most popular resorts along the Central Washington Coast. It features roomy, condominium accommodations. There’s plenty of room for family and friends. Full kitchens are available. The Polynesian also provides free continental breakfast each morning except Sundays when you can enjoy a sumptuous breakfast buffet at Mariah’s Restaurant.
Amenities include a sparkling indoor pool, sauna, and spa. Check availability online.